The U.S. Wendy’s does fry some of the milk-free menu items in a shared fryer with milk-containing items (see our U.S. Wendy’s Listing), but the Canadian Wendy’s does not seem to cook the milk-free menu items in a shared fryer, or they do not have any milk-containing menu items that are fried. Always double check with the location though – of course!
As of October 2012, the Canadian Wendy’s website was updated to indicate that all buns “may contain dairy.” Please use caution.
No Dairy (Milk) Ingredients (use caution due to cross-contamination potential):
- Burgers – Jr. Hamburger Deluxe, Hamburger Kids’ Meal, and Single Hamburger w/ Everything (sandwiches definitely safe without the bun, ask for more information about bun ingredients at your restaurant)
- Chicken – Homestyle Chicken Strips, 4 Piece Kids’ Meal Chicken Nuggets, 5 Piece Nuggets, 10 Piece Nuggets
- Sides – French Fries with Sea Salt, Mandarin Orange Cup, Plain Baked Potato, Chili, Hot Chili Seasoning, Saltine Crackers, and Side Salad
- Salad Dressings – Fat-Free Italian Vinaigrette and Pomegranate Vinaigrette Dressing
- Sauce – Honey Mustard
- Dipping Sauces – Honey Mustard, Barbecue, and Sweet & Sour
Special Order (use caution due to cross-contamination potential):
- Sandwich Components – Jr. Hamburger Patty, 1/4 lb. Hamburger Patty, Ultimate Chicken Grill Breast, Spicy Chicken Breast, Homestyle Chicken Breast, Sandwich Bun (Wendy’s notes a specific possibility of cross-contamination), Tortilla, Applewood Smoked Bacon, Mayonnaise, Honey Mustard Sauce, Crinkle Cut Pickles, Ketchup, Mustard, Pico de Gallo, Signature Sauce, Iceburg Lettuce, Tomato Slice, Onion Slice
Restaurant Website: www.wendys.ca
Allergen Information: www.wendys.ca/food/pdf/ca/nutrition.pdf
Last Updated: November 17, 2012