*Chains – Cracker Barrel
Go Dairy Free fan Sharon, recently let us know on facebook that she enjoys dining at Cracker Barrel because they have a great allergen list. They don't offer this information on their site, in fact, they don't even have full menus on their website, but it seems the allergen lists are readily available in the restaurants and the managers can be quite helpful.
I did find a review from Allergen Free Please that also gave the Cracker Barrel two thumbs up. Though this list could change at anytime (always check at the location before ordering!), she reported that at her time of visit, the milk-free list included the following:
- Breads: Sourdough Bread (regular and wheat), Westminster Crackers
- Apple Bran Muffins
- Eggs (fresh shell eggs only); Egg Beaters and Eggstrod'naire contain milk
- Grilled Meats: Bacon, Ham, Sausage, Grilled Chicken Tenders, Hamburger Steak-be careful to prevent cross-contamination from pancakes and breads other than sourdough, from cheese or from butter and margarine used to grill other foods.
- Dip Items: Meatloaf
- Side Items: Apple Sauce, Green Beans, Pinto Beans, Turnip Greens
- Tossed Salad, Grilled Chicken Tender Salad or Country Chef Salad (without Cheese, Egg and Croutons)
- The Following Salad Dressings do not contain Milk: Honey French (regular & fat free), Honey Mustard (regular & fat free), Thousand Island (regular & fat free), Reduced Calorie Italian
- All fried items should be avoided due to cross-contamination from the cooking oil.
See their website for locations.