10 Healthy Vegan Breakfast Cereal Recipes
It’s easy to get in a cereal rut, but hot or cold, I have some hearty breakfast cereal recipes (in honor of Earth Day!) that will satisfy your cravings and fuel you until lunch. First up is an easy overnight granola recipe – just 20 minutes of attention and you can “set it and forget it” until breakfast.
Depending on my mood, I’ll serve this granola with a generous dousing of coconut milk beverage or sprinkle it atop some creamy coconut milk yogurt. If nuts are okay for you, I recommend the Almond Plus almond milk beverage or Almond Plus Greek-style yogurt. Both have an extra dose of protein, and the yogurt is sweet, yet low in sugars. It’s my new favorite!
Easy Spiced Overnight Granola
- Preheat your oven to 300ºF.
- Combine the oil, sweetener, vanilla, spices, and salt in a small dish and stir to combine.
- Place the oats in a large bowl and stir to mix the two kinds up, then add the liquid ingredients and stir until all those little oats are nicely coated.
- Spread the oat mixture out on a baking sheet (preferably one with rimmed sides so the granola doesn’t slide off the sheet!) or large jelly roll pan.
- Place the oats in the oven and allow them to bake for just 10 minutes, not a minute more, then turn off the oven and leave the granola inside to finish baking. Don’t peak! You can leave them there while you run errands, go to bed, etc. But I found that they were done (as in the oven was cold and the granola was golden) after about 2.5 hours. So 2 to 3 hours is plenty if you are awake and remember them.
- Stir to declump a bit and serve the granola doused with coconut milk beverage or atop coconut milk yogurt.
- Store leftover granola in an airtight container at room temperature.
But I said 10 recipes, didn’t I? The following vegan breakfast cereal recipes use a range of different grains, including gluten-free oats (rolled, quick, or steel cut) and whole grain rice (you can use short or long grain brown rice or even red rice). I also recommend quinoa or millet as a delicious hot cereal option. Both work well in place of rice; they aren’t quite as creamy, but have a nice “nutty” flavor. Another option is to go grain-free, with a muesli of nuts, seeds, or even lentils (recipe below)!
Finally, don’t hesitate to top them with some seasonal, and preferably local fruit. Right now, strawberries and citrus are available in most areas. In the summer, go crazy with berries and chopped peaches. During cooler months, apples and pears are warm and delicious options.
Want a discount on some dairy-free milk alternative or yogurt to go with these vegan breakfast cereal recipes? Click here for a So Delicious Coupon
Cold Breakfast Cereal Recipes
Earthbound Farm’s Famous Granola
Oat-Free Maple Granola
Toasty Oatmeal Recipes
Pear-Cardamom Slow Cooker Steel Cut Oats
Apple Cinnamon Quick Oats
Pineapple Granola Oatbran
More Hot Breakfast Cereal Recipes
Vegan Chai Rice Pudding
Apple ‘n Spice Breakfast Lentils
Nutty Apple Cinnamon Breakfast Rice
If you liked this post, please share it …
Tagged egg-free, food allergy-friendly, gluten-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, vegetarian