15 Amazing Foods for Dairy-Free and Gluten-Free Fiber
I’ve got a big story on Attune Foods today, Top 10 Favorite Foods for Delicious Gluten-Free Fiber
. But I couldn’t fit all of my picks into this short list. Therefore I also have…
5 Gluten-Free Fiber Runner Ups
- Amaranth: It rivals quinoa in fiber (5 grams per cup cooked), but edges it out in both protein and calcium. Amaranth is just a bit harder to find and slightly expensive.
- Artichokes: Toss the hearts on salads or pizza for 7.2 grams of fiber per half cup.
- Flaxseeds: Grind them and toss on salad or blend into a hearty baked goodie for 2.7 grams of fiber per tablespoon.
- Peas: A not-too-shabby 9 grams per cup; I only wish fresh peas had a longer season.
- Prunes: Grandma would be disappointed in me if I didn’t mention her favorite – they clock in at over 12 grams per cup.
For my Top 10 Picks, click on the image below, it will take you straight to my article!
If you liked this post, please share it …
Tagged food allergy-friendly, gluten-free