Alisa Fleming ~ Yes, it’s finally here … a recipe contest exclusively for dairy-free and vegan connoisseurs! No dairy cream allowed, but that still leaves ample ingredients to get creative with.
Back in 1984 (my, how time flies), Ronald Reagan designated July as National Ice Cream Month. Galaxy Nutritional Foods has decided to celebrate this festive occasion by hosting a recipe contest with some sweet prizes, including a Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker, six 8 oz. tubs of dairy-free Veggie Cream Cheese Alternative, a Wilton Ice Cream scoop and the winning recipe will be featured here, on GoDairyFree.org.
Now let’s get to the details, shall we …
The call for entries for Galaxy’s Dairy-Free Ice Cream Contest is open July 18, 2012 through August 15, 2012.
Here’s How to Enter:
- Be inspired by Galaxy’s Dairy-Free Cheesecake Ice Cream Recipe, created by Alisa Fleming (yes, that’s me!)
- Use Galaxy’s dairy-free Veggie Cream Cheese Alternative product as an ingredient
- Submit the name of the recipe and a photo of the finished treat via Galaxy’s Twitter page (@GalaxyFoods) with hashtag #VeganIceCream or via email@example.com.
- Participants should include a name and email address with the email submission.
More Recipes and a Coupon!
Visit Galaxy’s recipe page for delicious dairy-free ice cream topping recipes including a maple blueberry sauce and cheesy graham cracker crust crumbles (recipes that I whipped up to go with the ice cream – you are going to love them, I promise!). Individuals will also find a $1 off coupon for two packages of Galaxy’s Veggie Cream Cheese Alternative.
For the recipes and coupon, visit: http://www.galaxyfoods.com/blog/recipes/dairy-free-cheesecake-ice-cream/
For the official contest rules, visit: http://www.galaxyfoods.com/icecream-official-rules/
No Ice Cream Maker?
You can still come up with a great ice cream recipe and prepare it the old-fashioned way:
- Simply freeze the ice cream mixture in cubes. Once frozen, process the cubes in a food processor, adding a little liquid as needed to get things going, until they form a softer ice cream. Or …
- If you don’t have a food processor, you can freeze the mixture in a baking dish, removing it and mixing or blending it every 30 minutes until smooth, creamy, and adequately chilled.
The recipes will be judged on tastiness, not technique, so don’t be too picky if some ice crystals remain when making it by hand.
About Galaxy Nutritional Foods
For more than 25 years, Galaxy Nutritional Foods, based in North Kingstown, Rhode Island, has been an innovator in the alternative cheese products industry making products that appeal to individuals who live a vegan and/or vegetarian lifestyle, have a milk and/or soy allergy or are sensitive to lactose or simply want to improve their health by following a plant-based diet. Galaxy’s popular cheese alternative brands developed for vegans and the millions of Americans suffering from dairy restricted diets include: Vegan and Rice Vegan and can be found in natural food stores. In 2011, Galaxy launched its dairy-free Veggie and Vegan brand cream cheese alternatives, which have won numerous awards for taste, texture and functionality. That same year, the company was also a national multi-site sponsor of the FAAN Walk for Food Allergy. For information, please visit www.GalaxyFoods.com.