Sweet Sundays – Katie ~ I know there are about a bajillion recipes online and in cookbooks for banana muffns. They all have some claim attached, usually ending in an exclamation point) about what makes this recipe SO! MUCH! BETTER! than all the others. You’ll find no such claims here, nor exclamation points. What you will find is a simple, easy, gluten-free and dairy-free banana muffin recipe … without nuts (blech!) or chocolate chips (not in my banana bread products, please and thank you) or any wacky ingredients that you need to go to seventeen different stores to find.
I wouldn’t do that to you. Not to mention there aren’t even 17 stores within about 100 miles of my house, so that’s not even possible for me.
Now, the thing with gluten-free baking is that it is hard. I am picky with my baked goods and after two years of gluten-free baking, I was still without a good all purpose flour mix. I was just mixing flours willy-nilly.
But did you pick up on the past tense there? Because yeah, I was sent this AWESOME gluten free all purpose flour mix …
Whatever I did to deserve this good fortune, I must do again, because I have a feeling the bag that I received is going to go fast.
- 125 Grams Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour Mix (I used Namaste Perfect Flour Blend)
- ⅔ Cup Sugar (I used NuNaturals Stevia Baking Blend, which measures cup for cup like sugar)
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1-2 Large Bananas (I used 150 grams; I’m estimating the number because mine were frozen in chunks)
- 1 Teaspoon Rum Extract* (optional, or vanilla)
- 2 Tablespoons Dairy-Free Margarine
- 2 Large Eggs
- Preheat oven to 350. Line muffin tin with muffin liners or spray with cooking spray.
- Combine dry ingredients in a small bowl and set aside. Cream together margarine, bananas, extract, and eggs. Add dry ingredients.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
This recipe is Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Nut-Free, Peanut-Free, Wheat-Free, optionally Sugar-Free, and optionally Soy-Free.