Kristen Suzanne is a raw food and fitness guru who incorporates healthy ingredients into everything she makes. In today’s post, the star ingredient is hemp seeds. Hemp is often labeled as a complete protein with all of the essential amino acids as well as essential fatty acids (ah yes, those popular Omega-3’s). In terms of taste, hemp seeds add a nutty flavor to baked goods, and in this case sauce, but they can be a tad expensive. Be sure to shop around both locally and online to find the best price.
Kristen Suzanne ~ Cheezy Hemp Nacho Sauce is so delicious (and non-dairy!). It’s perfect anytime; including showing off at the next party you host or attend. Every time I make it, my husband licks the bowl. My step-dad wants to eat it like a soup because he loves it so much (and he's not even vegan)!
But don’t take my word for it. This recipe has made the Internet rounds and the result is always the same… people LOVE it and they love sharing it with non-raw and non-vegan people!
Here are just a few serving suggestions from my own kitchen and from others who have enjoyed this recipe:
- Use it for dipping fresh veggies (my favorite way) or corn chips (raw or not, it's up to you)
- For those eating cooked vegan foods, this is an awesome sauce on top of veggie burgers
- It makes a delicious raw vegan dressing on a hearty salad with romaine lettuce, chopped tomatoes, and cucumbers; you could even sprinkle on raw vegan taco meat and raw dehydrated corn chips for a tortilla type salad
- Season those homemade kale chips: Chop kale leaves into pieces, coat with Cheezy Hemp Nacho Sauce, and then dehydrate
Enjoy the recipe below (however you serve it!) and check out my video where I show you how to make this mind-blowing sauce.
Cheezy Hemp Nacho Sauce
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup hemp seeds
- 2-1/2 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons tamari, wheat-free [can optionally use regular soy sauce]
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan crystal salt [can optionally use regular sea salt]
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon turmeric powder
Blend all of the ingredients in a blender until smooth and creamy. Cheezy Hemp Nacho Sauce will stay fresh when stored in an airtight container (I like using a glass mason jar) for up to five days.
Makes approximately 1-1/2 cups
Kristen Suzanne is the voice behind the blog, Kristen’s Raw, and author of numerous raw food recipe books and e-books. Kristen was a competitive natural bodybuilder in her early 20's and has been 100% vegan since 2002. Since 2006, she has also been 95% Raw.