We asked Kim, the founder of Cook it Allergy Free, to tell us about her popular new recipe app, which is now available to iPad and iPhone users. Not only did she send detailed information about the app, but she also sent a demo video so that you can see how it works. Take it away Kim …
The Cook It Allergy Free iPhone and iPad App provides the cookbook solution for those living with Celiac Disease, Autism, or Food Allergies. This App has more than 200 gluten-free recipes that can all be customized to meet each user's individual food allergy and dietary restriction needs.
Recipes have been contributed by many of the leading bloggers in the gluten-free and allergy-free community. Lexie (of Lexie’s Kitchen), Shirley (of gfe-gluten free easily), Zoe (of Z’s Cup of Tea), Amy (of Simply Sugar and Gluten Free), Jenny (of Creative Cooking: Gluten Free), Rhonda (of Allergy Sense), Michelle (of Allergy Sense), Sarah (of Sarah B Designs), and Alisa (of Go Dairy Free and One Frugal Foodie) …. these women have helped to create an invaluable resource and have given a gift to this project.
Note: some of the recipes from the bloggers listed above are still currently in the process of being added to the App – the addition of each recipe is a long process to ensure the substitution process is correct.
As featured in Apple’s “New and Noteworthy” and “What’s Hot” section of the App Store, this is the essential tool for people allergic to, or avoiding, gluten, dairy, eggs, or nuts. With this innovative kitchen tool, there is no need to have to search for a recipe that does not contain specific ingredients. Instead, pick any recipe in the App and, with a simple tap, trade out allergens (such as eggs, butter, milk, yogurt, buttermilk, cream, sour cream, cream cheese, cheeses, nuts, nut butters, corn syrup, and soy) for safe and correctly calculated allergen-free substitutions.
The new Cook IT Allergy Free iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch App is something that families dealing with Celiac Disease, Autism, and/or food allergies have been waiting for and takes the guesswork out of allergy-free cooking. It is also an amazing tool to help families dealing with the challenges of autism as they face the daily struggles of the Gluten Free/Casein Free Diet (GFCF Diet).
The App also offers a number of other features. You can:
- Find tons of great tips and tricks for gluten-free and allergy-free cooking that will help to give you delicious results in the recipes.
- Share recipes and cooking tips with your friends through Email, Facebook, and Twitter directly from the app.
- Save recipes to your Grocery List to have all of the ingredients you need, including your substitutions for your allergens, at your fingertips for easy shopping.
- Organize your Grocery List By Aisle or By Recipe. And you are also able to add items from your daily home list as well.
- Check off items as you shop →clear single ingredients, entire recipes, or your entire list with simple taps.
- Email your Grocery list to yourself (or whoever is doing the shopping) or use the list directly from the iPhone or iPad,
- Save your customized recipes to your category-organized Recipe Box.
- Have offline access to your Recipe Box anytime.
- Keep your own notes within each recipe to remind yourself of what you liked or did not like about a recipe.
- Find endless tips and FAQ’s on how to use the App.
To see how the Cook it Allergy Free App works, enjoy the following demo video:
The iPhone Version is available for $4.99 at the Apple Store.
The iPad Version is available for $8.99 at the Apple Store.