We can always count on Enjoy Life Foods for creative recipes on almost every special occasion. But this time, they have enlisted the help of an expert, Allergy Mom's founder, Gina Clowes. In addition to Enjoy Life's recipe (below) for Do-It-Yourself Chocolate Bunnies, Gina offers up her simple yet creative ideas for Peanut-Free Chocolate-Dipped Rice Krispie Eggs and Allergy-Friendly Bird's Nests. Each of these dairy-free, chocolate-centric treats can be whipped up in minutes, and will make a perfect Easter or Sunday afternoon activity. Concerned about milk allergies? Enjoy Life's semi-sweet chocolate chips are made in a dairy-free facility …
Peanut-Free Chocolate-Dipped Eggs
Thanks to Gina Clowes of Allergy Mom's for providing this recipe!
1. Prepare your favorite Rice Krispie Treat mix.
2. Allow to cool for a few minutes; then spoon mix into egg molds of any size and place in freezer to set.
3. Melt one bag of Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips with one Tablespoon of vegetable oil.
4. Release the "eggs" from their molds.
5. For the chocolate lovers, dip the "eggs" into the melted chocolate mix.
6. Place on wire rack to set.
7. When completely cooled, wrap in cellophane and tie with ribbon! (See photo)
Allergy Friendly Birdsnests
Almost too cute to eat! Thanks to Gina Clowes of Allergy Mom's for providing this recipe!
1. Crumble bars in bowl.
2. Melt chips in microwave and combine with bars.
3. Spoon onto waxed paper and form into 8 nests.
4. Fill with candy decorations. (Gum balls were used for birdies with safe taffy cut outs for beaks as shown in the photo).
*You can substitute Rice Krispie Treat mix for the NoNuttin bars.
Do-It-Yourself Chocolate Bunnies
1. Place 1 bag of Enjoy Life semi-sweet chocolate chips in a microwavable container. Microwave the chocolate chips for 30 seconds, stir. Continue until the chips are melted. Be careful not to overheat.
2. Stir in the brown rice syrup.
3. Spread the chocolate mixture on a plate and cover until it stiffens, a few hours. The chocolate will become very pliable.
4. Lightly grease your favorite candy molds. Place the chocolate mixture into the molds, lightly pressing it into place. Remove from the mold for your yummy chocolatey treat! Great for Easter or Passover celebrations.