The FDA has issued a recall on the popular vegan snack, Veggie Booty by Robert’s American Gourmet. As of Thursday, June 28 2007, the FDA stated that at least 52 people in 17 states had become sick after eating Veggie Booty, as it is suspected of carrying Salmonella food poisoning.
Most of those who became sick were children under the age of 10 years old, while many were toddlers.
Robert’s American Gourmet has requested that consumers and retailers dispose of any remaining bags of Veggie Booty, and contact the company for reimbursement. They have temporarily stopped making and selling the snack, until the problem can be resolved.
Veggie Booty is currently sold in all 50 states and throughout Canada. The Canadian Food Inspection Agency has issued a similar recall.
The recall affects all lots and sizes of Veggie Booty, however, Robert’s American Gourmet has stated that all of their other products are safe from contamination. You can view recall information on the recall, via the Robscape website: http://www.robscape.com/files/veggie-booty-recall.php