Introducing CAMP T.A.G. ~ A Safe Place for Food-Allergic Children and Their Siblings – Camp T.A.G. will launch in the Summer of 2011 in Illinois, Northern Virginia, Washington DC, Maryland, and Texas. BUT, other locations may be added to the launch, based on demand (which you can be a part of, read on!). As Camp T.A.G. grows, locations will be added every year and expand into a National Camp. For more information on Camp T.A.G. and how to request a location near you, read the following letter from the program founder …
"My name is Eleanor Garrow-Majka, President and Founder of "Camp T.A.G. – A Safe Place for Food-Allergic Children and Their Siblings!" Camp T.A.G. was named after my two children, Thomas Andrew and Anne Garrow. They share the "A" as they share their lives and this bonding experience of living with food allergies. Thomas has life-threatening food allergies, eosinophilic esophagitis (EE), and asthma; Anne does not.
Forming a nonprofit organization and providing a safe place for our food-allergic children and siblings to attend camp has been a dream of mine, which is now coming true! Camp T.A.G. will be 95% FUN and 5% educational with a curriculum designed by medical, ley, and restaurant professionals who specialize in food allergies.
- This 1-week camp will be a 4-hour camp for 5 days, from 8:30am-12:30pm.
- Ages to attend Camp T.A.G. are ages 3-12 (Age groups: 3-4, 5-7, 8-9, 10-12)
- Camp T.A.G. will be held at a local venue in your area, where the children may be inside, weather-permitting.
- Camp T.A.G. will be held near a hospital and ambulance service.
- A Registered Nurse will be on staff the entire week.
- Only fresh fruit and juice/water will be provided for snack.
- Educational activities, games, sports, and crafts will be age-appropriate for each group.
- There will be a Parent Education Day PRIOR to their camp site for those interested in attending to learn the curriculum their children are learning throughout the week, FREE of charge.
- Entertainer, Kyle Dine, has committed to work with ages 8-12 on Day 4 and providing Live Music on Day 5. Kyle Dine has life-threatening food allergies and composes/performs food allergy music for children. Please visit his website for more information: http://www.kyledine.com/
There will be opportunities for Teen Camp Counselors at each camp site. Teen Camp Counselors must be between ages 13-19 and must have either food allergies, EE, celiac disease, or be a non-allergic sibling.
This nationwide research survey will help to determine both the desire for and the need of a special camp for children with life-threatening food allergies, eosinophilic esophagitis (EE), and celiac disease along with non-allergic siblings.
Camp T.A.G. will launch Summer 2011 in Illinois, Northern Virginia, Washington DC, Maryland, and Texas. Depending on the survey results, other locations may be added to the launch. As Camp T.A.G. grows, locations will be added every year and expand into a National Camp.
Please take a minute to fill out this survey on Survey Monkey for Camp T.A.G.
Also, please insert your name, address, email address, and/or phone number in the last question if you are interested in getting on Camp T.A.G.'s email distribution list, mailing list, and receiving more information when the website becomes available.
Thank you very much for taking the time to complete this survey. I look forward to meeting all of you and your children in the very near future and hope we can all benefit from Camp T.A.G.!"
President and Founder, Camp T.A.G.
Founder, Parents of Children Having Allergies of Will County (POCHA)