For years, vegans and vegetarians have subsisted on the Veggie Delight when visiting the mega sandwich chain, but the new options, which were were introduced to several store locations (see below) last week, add some flavorful choices: Sweet Riblet, Malibu Greek, and Italian Black Bean.
To keep them vegan, these meat-free and dairy-free options can be enjoyed without cheese, and on any of the following breads: Roasted Garlic, Sourdough, Light Wheat English Muffin, Hearty Italian, and Hearty Italian White. A foot-long will set you back $7.00, while a 6-inch was priced at just $4.50 at the time of release.
Subway is currently test-marketing the new vegan subs in the DC-area, but if the demand is there, they will likely roll out the vegan subs across the country. For now, you can sample them at any of the following locations:
- 555 13th St NW, Washington, DC 20005 — 202-347-4616
- 455 Massachusetts Ave, NW (1st Floor) Washington, DC 20001 — 202-638-0348
- 550 First St., NW, Washington, DC 20001 — 202-661-6639
- 8145 Main St, Ellicott City, MD 21043 — 410-418-4330
- 5520 Research Park Dr, #107 (Univ. of MD, Baltimore County), Catonsville, MD 21228 — 410-455-5222
- 300 Sentinel Dr, #100, Annapolis Junction, MD 20701 — 301-490-6553
- 320 King St, Alexandria, VA 22314 — 703-879-4321
- 2361 Eisenhower Ave, Alexandria, VA 22314 — 703-879-4321
If you’d like to see these vegan options at your local U.S. subway, be sure to contact the company.
And, for those of you located in Canada, you can already enjoy a “Totally Vegged” vegan patty at select locations across the country.