~~ 5 Star Selection from Go Dairy Free ~~
This product was chosen by our staff as a top pick for quality and taste.
Anna has truly mastered the gluten-free quick bread. Amazingly light and fluffy, this pumpkin bread had a smooth consistency that could easily be mistaken for a traditional white or wheat flour-based bread. In fact, it tasted just like the delicious pumpkin bread my mother used to bake for gifts every holiday season. Unlike my mom’s pumpkin bread, the preparation was beyond simple, taking all of 5 minutes. A small amount of oil, two eggs, one cup of pumpkin, and the mix are all you need. I dusted the bottom of the loaf pan with sugar, rather than rice flour, to prevent flour clumping and for another sweet touch. As with the banana bread, the one-hour cook time was more than needed, but I wasn’t complaining when it was ready to eat 10 minutes earlier than expected! I could hardly wait to dive in as the delightful scent of pumpkin pie spices permeated our home. Fortunately, the flavor was every bit as wonderful as the aroma. This mix creates a true pumpkin bread, sweet, yet perfect with tea. The natural pumpkin flavor was evident, but not overwhelming due to the complimentary blend of cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger. As an added bonus, it was husband approved.
If you have a gluten-free friend or family member, each of the Breads From Anna™ Mixes are packaged beautifully for gifts and the environment. These simple paper bags dressed up with colorful labels would make an excellent addition to any gift basket.
- Pros: Gluten-free; Gift quality and environmental packaging; Excellent texture and flavor; Relatively low in fat; Talk about an iron powerhouse, 400% of the RDI
- Cons: Quite high in sugars (to be expected) and sodium; Very high in iron, may not be good for some
- Anyone Who Likes Pumpkin Bread
- Gluten Free / Casein Free Consumers
- A Breakfast Treat
- Afternoon Tea
- Holiday Baking
Where to Buy:
- Online: Direct from Gluten Evolution
- In Stores: In select Natural Food Stores throughout the U.S. – see the website above for a store locator