Until now, I had never baked a cake that turned out so perfectly. The timer went off, I pulled the cake out, inserted a knife, and it came out spotless; yet this cake was not a bit overdone in a single spot. The texture of Miss Roben’s Chocolate Cake is excellent. It has the light fluffy consistency that one would expect from a gluten containing cake. When served warm, it is just a touch crumbly, but really not much more than a typical cake. After a day of storage, it does become a more crumbly, but the flavor is not sacrificed. This cake has a mild chocolate cocoa flavor, which was not overwhelming. Definitely a good choice for birthday parties, where guests may consist of chocolate and non-chocolate fans. On its own, it is a good afternoon snacking cake with tea. As a “true” cake, choose the frosting of your choice. For fun, we experimented with the Peanut Better flavors as toppings, and found the Vanilla Cranberry Peanut Butter to be a good match. The sprinkling of chocolate chips over our homemade frosting certainly didn’t hurt either.
- Pros: Vegan; Virtually allergen free (wheat, gluten, peanuts, tree nuts, eggs, and soy); Simple, all-natural ingredients; Easy to prepare; Bakes beautifully
- Cons: It is a true chocolate cake, when prepared a bit high in fat and sugars; It is a touch more crumbly than gluten containing cakes
- Allergen Free Birthday Parties
- Chocolate Snacking Cake
Where to Buy:
- Online: Direct from www.AllergyGrocer.com (U.S. Company but International Shipping is Available)
- In Stores: Select U.S. Stores