Please note: This flavor has been discontinued …
… but other flavors of Peanut Better are still available under the Sunland name.
Peanut Praline by Peanut Better blends the smooth and savory flavor of all natural peanut butter into a candied citrus confection. Citrus is the defining note in this blend, although we couldn’t quite pinpoint the exact flavor. I would say it is more on the orange side if I had to venture a guess. Thousands of praline flecks add variety to the texture and crunchy bursts of sugar.
Overall, it was a very thick peanut butter and a touch on the sweet side, but not too much so. The citrus flavors were a bit strong for one taster; however, I found that it made this peanut butter a nice complement to chocolate. I trialed a few of the peanut better varieties on a chocolate cake I had made, which looked quite lonely without a topping. When tasted in the same bite, it was a pleasant flavor combination. This could be an interesting peanut butter to trial swirled into a batch of dark chocolate brownies. As well, the chefs at Peanut Better have recommended the Peanut Praline selection for things such as a smoothie mix-in. I do agree, that the flavors stand up best when combined with complementary ingredients.
- Pros: Vegan; Gluten-free; Soy-free; High quality organic ingredients; Low in sugar for a flavored variety; Thick with a unique crunchy texture
- Cons: As a stand alone PB the citrus flavor may be too strong for some
- A Companion to Chocolate Desserts
- Ingredient Mix-in
- A Burst of Citrus
Where to Buy:
- Online – www.PeanutBetter.com
- In Stores – Natural food stores and major grocers nationwide; see their website for a store locator