We’ve been chatting about non dairy vs dairy free lately, because when it comes to some products like creamers, not all non-dairy options are truly free of milk. Fortunately, Ecos Virgin Coconut Creamer for tea and coffee is genuinely dairy-free, and it’s got quite virtuous ingredients, to boot.
Made with only tender coconut water, virgin coconut milk, unrefined coconut sugar, guar bean gum, and xanthan gum, Ecos Virgin Coconut Creamer has chameleon-like properties. It pours in a rather thin stream that appears almost a bit watery, much like dairy-free milk beverage. But the finish it provides is quite rich.
Since I’m not a coffee drinker myself (usually herbal tea straight up), I’ll cover what I view as the pros and cons of Ecos Virgin Coconut Creamer to help you decide if it is a must try for your morning cup of Joe.
Ecos Virgin Coconut Creamer Pros:
- The ingredient list is around 99% coconut-based and simple. Not only is it dairy-free, but also plant-based, paleo-friendly, and made without gluten, nuts and soy.
- Virtually unsweetened and has just a smidgen of coconut sugar. This allows you to stay low-glycemic, if desired, in the morning, or sweeten to taste as you see fit.
- The small, aspetic, eco-friendly package. The size makes it travel friendly. It should be refrigerated once opened. The compact size (contains about 1 1/2 cups) still means less waste.
- It flows readily, but has a rich, coconut oil-like finish that beckons to my thoughts of “bulletproof coffee”.
Ecos Virgin Coconut Creamer Cons:
- Despite tons of shaking, I couldn’t avoid what looked like a chunky creamer. Fortunately, a quick stir melts that coconut goodness right in. That said, it does tend to “settle” more quickly than some other brands, requiring a re-stir.
- Ecos Virgin Coconut Creamer is most definitely coconut in flavor. Though I like coconut, it isn’t always the perfect fit for my tea and can overpower at times.
- I see the final pro as a potential con, depending on your preference. If you like pure coconut milk or coconut oil in your java, then I think this is a very good match.
The Facts on Ecos Virgin Coconut Creamer
Certifications: We didn’t note any certifications on Ecos Virgin Coconut Creamer, though it is noted as GMO-free, gluten-free and vegan.
Dietary Notes: By ingredients, Ecos Virgin Coconut Creamer is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan / plant-based, vegetarian, and paleo. Nonetheless, always read the ingredient statement and check with the company on their manufacturing processes for all varieties if potential allergen cross-contamination is an issue for you. Processes and labeling are subject to change at any time for any company / product.
For More Product Information: Visit the Ecos website at www.drinkecos.com.