This is my husband’s new go-to bar for afternoon sweets cravings and post-workout energy boosts. He was a dedicated Clif Bar man for years, but my gradual removal of sugar from our diets seems to be affecting his taste buds. He now finds the Clif Bars too sweet, and has turned to picking up Odwalla Bars whenever they are on sale. Both brands are made without refined sugars, but his favorite Odwalla flavor (Chocolate Chip Peanut) has just 14g of sugar compared to the 21g in his former Clif Bar of choice, Carrot Cake.
The Odwalla Bar is also heavy in oats, rather than rice and soy like the Clif Bar, another plus in my husband’s books. It is not completely soy free, due to a very small amount of organic soy nuts (one of the last ingredients) and the soy lecithin in the chocolate chips. I have trialed this Odwalla Bar and have no complaints. It was not incredibly memorable, but it did do the job and tasted pretty good to boot.
- Pros: Lower in sugar than some brands; A good source of protein, Vitamin C, Calcium, Vitamin E, and Folic Acid; No refined sugars; Contains organic ingredients; Frequently goes on sale; Kosher certified
- Cons: Like Clif Bars, it is a high calorie bar (250 calories); It is certified OU-D, though it is milk ingredient free, it is made on shared equipment with milk containing products (the OU is very strict about this)
- Bypassing Sweets Cravings
- Post Workout Protein
- In Between Meal Energy
Where to Buy:
- In Store: These are everywhere. Keep an eye out for sales, we never spend more than $1.00 a bar
- Online: The best pricing is on Amazon, where I believe you can pick them up for less than $1.00 a bar
The Facts on Odwalla Bars
Certifications: We didn’t find any certifications for Odwalla bars.
Dietary Notes: By ingredients, these Odwalla bars are dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, vegan / plant-based, vegetarian. Nonetheless, always read the ingredient statement and check with the company on their manufacturing processes for all varieties if potential allergen cross-contamination is an issue for you. Processes and labeling are subject to change at any time for any company / product.
For More Product Information: Visit the Odwalla website at odwalla.com.