Please note: This flavor has been discontinued …
… but other flavors of Peanut Better are still available under the Sunland name.
This blend is an indulgent and healthy twist on traditional snacking peanut butter. The almonds add another dimension to the flavor, which is more rich and pronounced. When sampling straight from the jar, we also enjoyed the mild burst of sea salt that lingered as an aftertaste.
There are other nut butter blends on the market, but the higher quality of the organic ingredients used by Peanut Better were very evident in both the taste and consistency. The oils separated to a beautiful clear layer at top, which you could pour off and save for cooking. This would leave behind a very thick, lower fat butter.
As another plus, the organic almonds bring with them a dose of heart-healthy oils and a touch of calcium (approximately 60mg per 2 Tablespoons). Aside from snacking, I utilized this Almond and Peanut Butter blend in my popular chocolate-PB “truffles”. I took them to a barbeque and they were all the rage. No one could believe I made these decadent chocolates myself. I am looking forward to trialing the Almond & Peanut Butter in some savory dishes as well.
- Pros: Vegan; Gluten-free; Soy-free; High quality organic ingredients; Calcium; High quality oils; Clean, rich taste
- Cons: Slightly higher in fat
- A Boost to Both Sweet & Savory Peanut Butter Recipes
- Almond Fans
- Toast, Celery, etc.
Where to Buy:
- Online – www.PeanutBetter.com
- In Stores – Natural food stores and major grocers nationwide; see their website for a store locator