These “crunchy corn sticks” are remarkably like Cheetos, minus the bright orange powder (and less cheesy). I spotted the regular bags on sale at Wild Oats for $.99 and thought it was a good opportunity to give them a first trial. I wasn’t disappointed. They were tasty, crispy, and they handled my husband’s mid-day munchies nicely.
The Tings we trialed were baked, not fried, for a healthy twist on their bright orange Frito-Lay competitor. They contain only corn meal, rice and/or sunflower oil, nutritional yeast, and salt. No trans fats or sugars are added. The nutritional yeast gives Tings a mild cheesy taste that I expect would be pleasing to most.
- Pros: Vegan; Gluten-Free; All natural ingredients; Dairy-free “cheese” snack; Trans fat-free; Cholesterol and sugar free
- Cons: Best for moderate snacking. Though one serving has a fairly respectable 7g of fat and 150 calories, eating an entire bag (which wouldn’t be hard to do) may tip the scales in fat, calories, and sodium.
- Cheetos Cravings
- GFCF Dieters
- Afternoon Munchies
- Vegan and All-Natural Foodies
Where to Buy:
- Online – You may buy them directly from Robscape, but they are much cheaper (and eligible for free shipping) on Amazon
- In Store – Robert’s American Gourmet snacks are well distributed in natural food stores and mainstream grocers throughout the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Asia.
The Facts on Pirate Brands Original Tings
Certifications: Pirate Brands Original Tings are Certified Kosher Dairy and Certified Gluten Free.
Dietary Notes: By ingredients, Pirate Brand Original Tings are dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan / plant-based, vegetarian, and paleo-friendly. Nonetheless, always read the ingredient statement and check with the company on their manufacturing processes for all varieties if potential allergen cross-contamination is an issue for you. Processes and labeling are subject to change at any time for any company / product.
For More Product Information: Visit the Pirate Brands website at www.piratebrands.com.