This recipe for almond dessert pizza is a “dessert” entry in the So Delicious Dairy Free 3-Course Recipe Contest, submitted by reader Donna Ryan. For the topping and glaze, she uses Almond Plus Protein AlmondMilk from So Delicious.
For more details and to enter the recipe contest, see this post: http://www.godairyfree.org/news/so-delicious-dairy-free-3-course-recipe-contest
Special Diet Notes & Options: Almond Dessert Pizza
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, peanut-free, and vegetarian. For soy-free AND dairy-free dessert pizza, just be sure you select a dairy-free, soy-free margarine (Earth Balance offers a couple of options.
- 1-3/4 to 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 envelope Pizza Crust Yeast
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup very warm water (120° to 130°F)*
- 3 tablespoons melted dairy-free margarine
- 1 cup So Delicious Dairy Free Almond Plus Protein AlmondMilk
- ½ cup dairy-free margarine
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup powdered confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tablespoon softened dairy-free margarine
- 1-2 tablespoons So Delicious Dairy Free Almond Plus Protein AlmondMilk
- Raspberry puree drizzle
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Combine 1 cup flour, undissolved yeast, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Add very warm water and melted margarine; mix until well blended. Gradually add enough remaining flour to make a soft dough. Dough should form a ball and will be slightly sticky. Knead** on a floured surface, adding additional flour if necessary, until smooth and elastic, about 4 minutes.
- Pat dough with floured hands to fill greased pizza pan or baking sheet. OR roll dough on a floured counter to a 12-inch circle; place in greased pizza pan or baking sheet. Form a rim by pinching edge of the dough. Set aside.
- Combine the 1 cup almond milk with the ½ cup butter in a 2 quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat until mixture comes to a full boil and butter is melted (6-8 minutes).
- Remove from heat. Stir in 1 cup flour, return to heat and cook over low and stir constantly until mixture forms a ball. Remove from heat.
- Add eggs, one at a time with a wire whisk. Beat until smooth and glossy.
- Spread over pastry and bake 30 minutes or until surface is crisp. Cool completely. Look for a custard type top.
- Combine powdered sugar, butter in a small mixer bowl. Beat at low speed until mixed. Then at high. Use only enough almond milk for glazing. Spread glaze over pizza. Drizzle with raspberry puree (optional) and sprinkle with almonds .