Artichoke Pate (Vegan, Gluten Free, Soy-Free)
Author: Beverly Lynn Bennett
- ½ cup raw almonds
- 2 T. raw pine nuts
- ¾ cup artichoke hearts, quartered
- 2 T. water
- 2 t. lemon juice
- 2 t. garlic, minced
- ¼ t. sea salt
- Begin by placing the almonds in a small bowl, cover them with water, place them in the refrigerator, and leave them to soak overnight to loosen their skins.
- Remove the almonds from the water, squeeze each almond between your thumb and forefinger to remove the skin, place them on a towel, and set them aside to dry.
- In a blender or food processor, place the almonds and pine nuts, and process for 1-2 minutes to finely grind them.
- Scrape down the sides of the container, add the remaining ingredients, and process for 1-2 minutes to form a smooth puree.
- Taste and adjust seasonings, as needed.
- Transfer the mixture to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator. .