Hummus is such a perfect food, it’s a great dip for vegetables and crackers, it’s a delicious sandwich spread, and it’s packed with plant based protein and healthy fats. It couldn’t be easier to make either, everything just gets processed together until it reaches a smooth creamy consistency.This black bean hummus is a fun way to switch it up from regular chickpea hummus. The fresh cilantro and the little bit hot sauce give it an extra kick!
Special Diet Notes: Black Bean Hummus
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free, egg-free, gluten-free, vegan, vegetarian, nut-free, peanut-free, and soy-free.
- 2 cups or one can black beans, drained
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice (or to taste)
- ¼ cup tahini
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Hot pepper sauce (to taste)
- 11/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoon tamari (wheat free variety for gluten free)
- 2 tablespoon warm water
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped (or to taste)
- Combine all ingredients except for cilantro in food processor. When combined, transfer to serving bowl.
- Fold in cilantro. Taste and adjust seasonings to taste.
- Serve with tortilla chips.