Colorful Kale Pinwheels (Vegan, Soy-Free)
- 1 large bunch kale
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 Tbs. lemon juice
- 3-4 Tbs. Dijon or brown mustard
- 1 package of large whole wheat tortillas
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- Peel kale leaves away from stem with a knife or by hand.
- In an oiled pan, sauté kale leaves, onion, and garlic until soft. Season with salt and pepper (to taste) while cooking.
- Drain off excess liquid and sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Spread tortillas with mustard and cover with kale mixture.
- Firmly roll up (in jellyroll fashion). Trim off ends and slice into ½ – ¾- inch pinwheels.
- Lay flat and serve on a platter.