Dips are such an easy way to spice up any snack or meal, I love experimenting with different flavors of hummus and dips to have in the fridge for throughout the week. This easy eggplant dip has been my latest go to! It’s velvet-y, rich, and full of robust flavor from the baked eggplant and the yogurt gives it such a nice creaminess. I’ve been enjoying with with pita and vegetables as well as on vegetable packed sandwich!
This recipe was shared with us by Olympic, but they no longer make soy yogurt so feel free to use your favourite unsweetened dairy-free yogurt, this So Delicious coconut milk based one works well!
Special Diet Notes: Easy Eggplant Dip
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free, egg-free, gluten-free, vegan, vegetarian, nut-free, and peanut-free. Optionally soy-free, depending on the yogurt you use.
- 1 lb. eggplant
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon dill, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon. lemon juice
- 1 cup unsweetened dairy-free yogurt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- optional toppings: 1 thinly sliced onion, olive oil, paprika
- Bake eggplant on a sheet of foil for 1 hour or until inside is soft and skin has collapsed.
- Cool. Scrape out insides into a large bowl and mash or beat with a mixer.
- Add minced onion, garlic, dill, lemon juice and yogurt and blend well.
- Add salt and pepper and press into a pan and chill thoroughly.
- Topping option 1: Meanwhile, sauté onion slices in olive oil until lightly browned.
- Spoon on top of chilled mixture.
- Option 2: drizzle top with olive oil and sprinkle with paprika.
- Serve and enjoy with crackers, corn chips, or vegetables.