Special Diet Notes: Hot Parmesan Artichoke Dip
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, peanut-free, vegan, plant-based, and vegetarian.
- 2 14-ounce cans water-packed artichoke hearts
- 1½ cups firm silken tofu, crumbled
- ½ cup plain nondairy milk (see milk alternatives)
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot, kuzu, or cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon crushed garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vegan Parmesan substitute (see cheese alternatives)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Rinse and drain the artichoke hearts, squeeze dry, and quarter. Combine with the remaining ingredients, except the Parmesan substitute, in a blender or food processor. Process until very smooth. Pour into a bowl and stir in the Parmesan substitute. Transfer to a large, lightly oiled pie plate, quiche pan, or shallow casserole dish.
- Bake until lightly crusty on top, about 40 to 60 minutes depending on the size of the baking dish. Serve hot, straight from the baking dish.