Spicy Chickpea Dip (Vegan, Gluten-Free, Nut-Free, Soy-Free)
- 1 tsp. whole cumin seeds, lightly toasted over medium heat for 3 minutes in a small skillet, then ground into a fine powder
- 2 15-oz. cans of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 Tbs. lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- ¼ tsp. hot paprika.
- ⅛ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- In a food processor, blend ground cumin, chickpeas, lemon juice, garlic, paprika and cayenne pepper until very finely chopped.
- With the machine running, add oil and process until smooth.
- Transfer puree to bowl.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and combine.
- Serve at room temperature.