This super-easy vegan spinach dip recipe was shared with us by So Delicious Dairy Free. I immediately whipped it up in my kitchen, not for a party, but rather for my own savory cravings and lunch!
The recipe below has just a few minor modifications made by me as I prepared it: salt, unsweetened coconut milk beverage, optional mustard, longer baking time, etc.. But, I stayed true to the core of their vegan spinach dip, and wasn’t disappointed. The consistency was perfectly thick, but with just a trace of fat. The flavors were warm, mildly spicy, rich and earthy. I could easily call this comfort food and will definitely be playing around with the recipe to make other tweaks and variations.
- 1 14-ounce can artichoke hearts, drained
- ½ of an 11.5-ounce package organic silken tofu
- ¼ cup So Delicious® Dairy Free Unsweetened Coconut Milk Beverage
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon spicy mustard, optional
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1 small bunch spinach (about 2 to 3 oz baby spinach leaves), rinsed, dried and finely chopped
- Preheat your oven to 375ºF.
- Combine the artichoke hearts, tofu, coconut milk beverage, garlic, curry, mustard (if using), lemon juice, salt, and pepper, to taste, in your blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
- Stir in the chopped spinach and pour the mixture into 1 to 4 ramekins. 1 is for serving the dip as a whole, but I like using 2 to 4 ramekins for serving smaller or even single-serve portions.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until the top looks firm and the edges just begin to turn golden brown.
- Let cool slightly, but serve hot with tortilla chips, crackers, or bread. See my other serving suggestions in the post above.