Hummus is one of those foods that I sadly didn’t experience until I was an adult. I know that the rich hearty flavors would have been adored by my whole food-loving taste buds from an early age. But now that it is on my radar, I simply love experiencing the many flavor varieties. And this artichoke hummus is currently a favorite, right up there with red pepper hummus and olive hummus.
Fortunately, hummus is insanely easy to prepare and is so nutrient-dense, it can even be the center of a meal. And this artichoke hummus uses mostly pantry ingredients, so it can be thrown together on a whim, for lunchboxes, afternoon snacking, or even dinner.
This recipe with photo for artichoke hummus was shared with us by CansGetYouCooking.com.
Special Diet Notes: Artichoke Hummus
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, plant-based, vegetarian and generally top food allergy-friendly.
- 1 14-ounce can artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup vegetable broth
- ¼ cup tahini
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh Italian parsley, plus more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin, plus more for garnish
- Olive oil, for garnish
- Place the artichoke hearts, chickpeas, broth, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, parsley, salt, pepper, and cumin in your food processor, and pulse until smooth.
- Taste test, and season to taste with additional salt and pepper, if desired.
- Transfer the artichoke hummus to a serving bowl. Garnish with a drizzle of olive oil, fresh parsley and a dash of cumin. Serve with toasted French bread slices, cut veggies or pita chips.