This recipe for apple oatmeal cups is a “sweet” entry in our March Recipe Madness Contest, created and submitted by Kim Van Dunk. To qualify, the recipe contains 8 ingredients or less, but includes Almond Plus Almond Milk by So Delicious Dairy Free.
For more details about the recipe contest, see this post: http://www.godairyfree.org/news/march-recipe-madness-contest
Special Diet Notes & Options: Baked Cinnamon Apple Oatmeal Cups
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, peanut-free, soy-free, and vegetarian.
For gluten-free and dairy-free apple oatmeal cups, use certified gluten-free oats.
For nut-free and dairy-free apple oatmeal cups, simply substitute a tree nut-free milk alternative, such as coconut milk beverage, for the almond milk.
- 1 apple, peeled, cored, diced into small ¼" pieces
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil (or baking oil of choice)
- ½ cup brown sugar + 1 tablespoon, divided
- 1 cup rolled oats (not quick cooking)
- ½ cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1¼ cups So Delicious Dairy Free Vanilla Almond Plus Almond Milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Line each spot of a 6 count jumbo muffin tray with jumbo baking liners. Spray the liners with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a nonstick skillet saute the diced apple, grapeseed oil, and 1 tablespoon of brown sugar over medium heat. Stir frequently and adjust the heat to prevent burning. Sauté just until the apples are tender, but not mushy, about 4-5 minutes.
- Place the sautéed apples into a bowl, along with any pan juices. Add in the oats, raisins, cinnamon, and remaining brown sugar. Stir to combine. Evenly distribute the apple mixture between the 6 muffin cups.
- In a separate bowl combine the almond milk, beaten egg, pinch of salt, and baking powder. Whisk until well combined. Pour the mixture evenly into the muffin cups.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.