This recipe for baked peaches and cream sundaes is a “sweet” entry in our March Recipe Madness Contest, created and submitted by Hannah Dobson. To qualify, the recipe contains 8 ingredients or less, but includes Coconut Milk Ice Cream by So Delicious Dairy Free.
Baked peaches are a fun twist on the traditional apple dessert, where the pitted fruit is cooked and used as a bowl for dairy-free ice cream!
For more details about the recipe contest, see this post: http://www.godairyfree.org/news/march-recipe-madness-contest
Special Diet Notes & Options: Baked Peaches and Cream Sundaes
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, vegetarian and generally top food allergy-friendly.
- 3 yellow flesh peaches
- 1 quart So Delicious Dairy Free Vanilla Coconut Milk Ice Cream
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice, divided
- Almonds, optional
- Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- Cut the tops off of the peaches, and gently un-pit your peaches using a spoon.
- Sprinkle cinnamon and all spice inside of the peach. Bake in oven for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- Insert coconut milk ice cream into peaches and sprinkle with cinnamon and allspice. Top with almonds if desired!