Take Me Out to the Ball Game Vegan Ice Cream Pie
This fun recipe for Vegan Ice Cream Pie is an official entry in the So Delicious Dairy Free Recipe Contest
Recipe By: Suzanne Banfield
Take Me Out to the Ball Game Ice Cream Pie
- 10 tablespoons vegan buttery spread or shortening, divided use
- 4 tablespoons turbinado sugar, divided use
- 1-1/4 cups crushed pretzels
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted, salted peanuts
- 3 pints vanilla dairy-free ice cream
- 2 tablespoons unbleached granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons dairy-free creamer (like So Delicious Original Coconut Milk “Creamer”), divided use
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, divided use
- 2 ounces dairy-free semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 cup packaged caramel-coated popcorn with peanuts (such as Cracker Jack)
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF.
- For the peanut-pretzel crust, melt 6 tablespoons spread or shortening; stir in 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar. Add pretzels and peanuts; stir until well combined. Press crust into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch pie plate. Bake 7 to 8 minutes or until crisp and golden. Cool on rack for at least 20 minutes before filling.
- Remove frozen dessert from freezer and allow to soften. Scrape into pie shell; return to freezer for at least 4 hours.
- For caramel drizzle, melt 2 tablespoons of the remaining shortening in small saucepan. Stir in remaining 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar and granulated sugar; cook, stirring constantly, until mixture boils. Whisk in 2 tablespoons coconut creamer. Cook, stirring constantly, for about 2 minutes or until caramel thickens. Remove from heat; stir in 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- For chocolate drizzle, melt last 2 tablespoons shortening and chocolate in small saucepan, stirring until chocolate is completely melted. Stir in remaining 2 tablespoons coconut creamer and remaining 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Remove pie from the freezer about 15 minutes before serving. Place a row of caramel-coated popcorn around the edge of the pie. Drizzle caramel sauce over the top of the pie in one direction and chocolate sauce in the opposite direction. Use a knife dipped in hot water to get clean slices.
Copyright Fleming Marrs Inc. ~ www.GoDairyFree.org
If you liked this post, please share it …
Tagged egg-free, summer, vegan, vegetarian