If you have my dairy-free book, then you know of my passion for cool and creamy beverages, but some of the best smoothies contain just a few sweet and natural ingredients, like this one. You only need three ingredients (four if you count the ice), for this refreshing fat-free sweet summer cantaloupe smoothie recipe …
Special Diet Notes: Basic Banana Cantaloupe Smoothie
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, plant-based, vegetarian, and optionally nut-free.
- ½ to 1 cup unsweetened or plain almond, rice, or soymilk (choose the one suited to your diet)
- 1 ripe banana, small to medium in size
- 1 cup ripe cantaloupe chunks, frozen
- ½ cup ice (optional)
- Combine ½ cup of milk alternative, the banana, and cantaloup chunks into your blender and blend until smooth.
- If too thick, add milk alternative to your desired consistency.
- Blend in the ice if you desire a frostier consistency.
- If you don’t mind the color, toss in ½ to 1 cup of fresh spinach leaves. Spinach doesn’t touch the wonderful smoothie flavor, yet adds a good dose of nutrition.
- Ground flaxseeds, a tablespoon or two, for some of those great Omega-3’s and a little protein.
- Ground coconut, a tablespoon or two, for flavor and if you are a coconut for health fanatic like myself. (Adds a bit of fat too if you are concerned about the little ones not getting enough)