“This is festive and rich-tasting, yet light enough to have for a snack or even a breakfast drink. I like the spices to be subtle-- but season to your own taste. For entertaining, you can add the optional liquor, if you like!”
I find that the silken tofu gives the drink a richness and smoothness that the eggs would give you, and the pumpkin gives it a depth of taste, in a subtle way, and a warmth of color.... read more commentary at the Vegan Feast Kitchen ...
- 12.3 oz. (1 box) extra-firm SILKEN tofu
- 1½ cups soymilk or other nondairy milk
- ¾ cup canned pureed pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie filling!)
- 9 Tablespoons brown sugar
- ⅜ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon (generous) ground cloves
- ⅛ teaspoon (generous) salt
- ¾ cup organic soy creamer, or rich full-fat soymilk or nutmilk (one reader said maybe hempmilk!)
- 1 Tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 15-18 ice cubes
- OPTIONAL: ½ cup rum (or you can use bourbon or brandy) (can be spiced rum) (In Peru they would use Pisco, a Peruvian grape brandy)
- GARNISH: freshly-ground nutmeg; cinnamon sticks
- Crumble the tofu into a blender. Add the nondairy milk, pumpkin, sugar, cinnamon, cloves, and salt. Blend until smooth.
- Add the creamer, optional rum (if using), vanilla, and the ice cubes. Blend until smooth and frothy and thickened.
- Serve immediately in small glasses or cups, garnishing with grated nutmeg and a cinnamon stick.