No tea bags are required, this is an all-natural spice tea. It is much easier than you would think to prepare, and the fragrant flavors will fill your home.
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 Tablespoon chopped cardomon pods
- 2 thinly sliced pieces of fresh ginger
- 1 Tablespoon whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon whole peppercorns
- 1 vanilla bean (optional)
- dash nutmeg
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup milk alternative of choice (soy, rice, or almond) heated to room temperature or a bit warmer
- honey, agave or maple syrup to taste
Add all spices including vanilla bean to the 4 cups water in a large pot. Boil for 15 minutes or more, depending on desired strength. Remove from heat and strain. Be sure the milk alternative is warmed to at least room temperature. Add the milk alternative to the tea and mix well. Add sweetener to taste. Serve.