This recipe was submitted by Keith for the Go Dairy Free / ZenSoy Recipe Contest in January 2011. Keith says, “You will find this is a light flavored eggnog. Yes it does mix with rum!”
The recipe is dairy-free, but still uses the richness of an egg for that true eggnog taste. If you confuse eggs with dairy, you’re not alone! See this pos: Are Eggs Dairy?
Since this light recipe does use an egg, it doesn’t require other thickeners, so it is dairy-free and gluten-free!
Special Diet Notes: Low Calorie Dairy-Free Eggnog
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, gluten-free, optionally nut-free, peanut-free, optionally soy-free, and vegetarian.
- 2 cups vanilla dairy-free milk beverage such as ZenSoy Organic Soymilk
- 1 egg
- 1-3+ tablespoons maple syrup or sugar-free syrup (sweeten to taste)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon (or more to taste)
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg (or more to taste)
- Blend well
- Heat slowly until 180ºF, but stop before a boil.
- Cool or drink warm.