Coffee drinkers have lattes, and now thanks to The Cat-Tea Corner, tea drinkers can have their own chocolate indulgence. The author recommends using rice milk (plain or vanilla), as soymilk may curdle when boiled.
Yield: About 4 servings
- 1 cup strong black tea, freshly made
- 6 Tablespoons Sucanat® or other sweetener
- 4 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa, preferably Dutch processed
- 4 cups plain, unflavoured soy, rice, or almond milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Place the tea into a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the sugar and cocoa powder and cook, stirring until dissolved, just until the mixture comes to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in the milk, vanilla, and spices. Allow to remain in the pot just until the milk is heated through. Pour into cups and serve.