This strawberry chai smoothie recipe is from my friend Lori at What Runs Lori. She’s a personal trainer and an expert in making nutrient-packed smoothies. She proclaimed this recipe “One of the best smoothies I’ve made thus far,” crediting the addition of some granola as the icing on the cake!
Special Diet Notes: Strawberry Chai Smoothie
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, optionally nut-free, peanut-free, optionally soy-free, vegan, and vegetarian.
- 1 cup leftover chai (chai tea + dairy-free milk beverage)
- 1 small frozen banana
- ½-1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 scoop dairy-free protein powder (vanilla or plain), optional
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ice, optional
- Blend until creamy and smooth.
- Pour into a tall glass and top with sweet and savory granola- like the Paleo People Apple Crisp Granola that I used here.