This recipe for s’more parfaits is a “15 minutes or less” entry that was submitted to the Fast & Fresh Dairy-Free Time Trials Recipe Contest by reader Terri Gilson. For the cherry ice cream layer, she uses dairy-free Coconut Milk Ice Cream from So Delicious.
Special Diet Notes & Options: Black Forest S’More Parfaits
For vegan s’more parfaits, use the Ricemellow Crème option rather than traditional marshmallow creme.
For nut-free and dairy-free s’more parfaits, you can omit the almonds.
- ¼ cup pure cocoa powder
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 jar (198 g) marshmallow crème (or ricemellow crème)
- 1 ½ cups dairy-free cookie crumbs (your favorite or brand such as Jovial Organic Einkorn Crispy Cocoa Cookies)- about 10- 15 cookies
- 1 pint So Delicious Dairy Free Vanilla Coconut Milk Frozen Dessert
- 1¼ cups canned cherry (pie filling)
- ½ cup sliced blanched almonds
- 4 cocktail cherries
- Make chocolate sauce: Mix olive oil, cocoa powder and maple syrup together in bowl. Stir using a wire whisk until smooth.
- Put cookies into food processor and process until they become a fine crumb.
- In a separate bowl, mix marshmallow crème and cookie crumbs together.
- In another bowl, mix coconut frozen dessert and cherries together.
- Divide marshmallow cookie crumb mixture in half and take half of that amount and put into the bottom of each parfait cup, dividing evenly by the 4 parfait glasses.
- Do the same with the coconut frozen dessert cherry mixture and the chocolate syrup.
- Repeat the 3 layers, dividing the remaining ingredients between the 4 parfait glasses.
- Top each parfait with sliced blanched almonds (divided evenly) and a cocktail cherry.