This simple honey-spice biscuits recipe was altered from The Sophia Echo, a foreign newspaper in Bulgaria. It was showcased in the article “Christmas deliciousness” by Magdalena Rahn on December 25, 2006.
Special Diet Notes: Honey-Spice Biscuits
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, and vegetarian.
- 250g (8.8 ounces) powdered sugar
- 3 eggs
- 120g (4.25 ounces) honey
- 400-500g (about 14 ounce to one pound) flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ginger (optional)
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- pinch salt
- pinch ground cloves
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Roll out the dough to about 1cm and cut out figures with cookie cutters.
- Bake at 220°C (425°F) on an oiled oven tray until desired degree of doneness. While still warm, brush with egg white that has been beaten stiff.
- Decorate as desired.