This pumpkin flax quick bread is a fall favorite! It’s warming and comforting, it’s also wholesome and easy to prepare. It has added whole wheat pastry flour for a whole grain kick and the addition of applesauce allows it to be oil-free.
Special Diet Notes: Pumpkin Flax Quick Bread
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, and vegetarian.
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- ½ cup applesauce
- 1⅓ cups all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease one 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- Whisk together flax seed meal and water. Mix in sugar, pumpkin and apple sauce.
- In a large bowl, stir together all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, nutmeg, and cloves. Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture; stir until smooth. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 65 to 70 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean.