Walnut Oat Bread
- 14 g (1/2 oz) 1 package of (Wheat free) easy-bake (instant) yeast
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 teaspoons of honey or agave nectar
- 400 ml (14 fl oz) 1¾ cups of warm water
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 500 g (17 oz) 6 cups of porridge oats, processed to a fine flour
- 2 heaped teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- A pinch of grated nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons of chopped walnuts
- 1 large non-stick loaf tin or non-stick baking tray, greased
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) gas 4
- Put the yeast, salt and honey in a large bowl.
- Add the warm water and oil, then mix in the processed oats, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Knead the dough with floured hands on a floured board for 10 minutes. divide the dough in half and briefly knead in the walnuts.
- Shape the dough into an oval and place it in the centre of the tray.
- Leave the dough to prove in a very warm place for about 30 minutes, allowing it to rise slightly.
- Place the dough in either the loaf tin or on the baking tray and bake for 1 hour until the bread is firm.
- Cool the bread on a wire rack and when the bread is cold slice and serve.