Baked Oatmeal (Vegan, Soy-Free, Wheat-Free)
- 3 cups rice milk
- 6 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1½ tablespoons margarine [such as earth balance]
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1½ cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 2 apples — peeled, cored, and chopped
- ¾ cup dried cranberries, raisins, or other berries
- ¾ cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees.
- Spray a 9-inch square pan with cooking spray.
- In a saucepan, combine the milk, brown sugar, margarine, and cinnamon and heat.
- Meanwhile, combine the oats, chopped apple, cranberries, and nuts; spread evenly into the prepared pan.
- Just before the “milk” mixture begins to boil, pour it evenly over the oatmeal mixture.
- Bake uncovered for 30-35 minutes, or until the liquid has been absorbed and the oatmeal is tender. Serve immediately or cool and place in the fridge for later use.