Chocolate Chip Banana Pancakes
- 1-1/4 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar (or your sweetener of choice)
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1-1/4 Cups Plain or Vanilla Rice Milk (can sub your favorite milk alternative – be sure to check ingredients for nut-free and soy-free)
- ½ Cup Mashed Banana (about 1 ripe banana)
- 1 Large Egg, lightly beaten
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ½ Cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips (minis like Enjoy life (above) work best!), divided
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in a large bowl. Stir in the milk alternative, banana, egg, and vanilla. Fold in ¼ cup of the chocolate chips.
- Spray a non-stick skillet or griddle with cooking spray. Heat over medium heat. Pour batter onto griddle to make 3-inch rounds. Cook about 2 minutes per side, or until the tops are bubbly. Flip the pancakes and cook for another 2 minutes, or until golden. Contine making pancakes in this fashion until the batter is used up, spraying the pan with more cooking spray in between batches.
- Sprinkle the pancakes with the leftover chocolate chips to serve.
To keep these recipes free-from, be sure to pick dairy-free chocolate chips that are both nut-free and soy-free (if needed). Many brands of chocolate chips contain soy lecithin and/or are made on lines with chocolate that contains nuts. Brands like Enjoy Life chocolate chips
are a great allergen-free option.