This quick-style butternut squash bread is a “dessert” recipe entry in the So Delicious Dairy Free 3-Course Recipe Contest, submitted by reader Ericka Lynch. For moisture, she uses protein-rich Almond Plus AlmondMilk and dairy-free Coconut Milk Yogurt from So Delicious.
For more details and to enter the recipe contest, see this post: http://www.godairyfree.org/news/so-delicious-dairy-free-3-course-recipe-contest
Special Diet Notes & Options: Butternut Squash Bread
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, peanut-free, soy-free, tree nut-free, and vegetarian.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup pureed butternut squash
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup So Delicious Dairy Free Vanilla Almond Plus AlmondMilk
- 6 ounces So Delicious Dairy Free Plain Greek-Style Cultured Coconut Milk (Yogurt)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup chopped dates
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF.
- Mix the flours, ginger, baking soda, and baking powder in a large bowl.
- In a separate large bowl, combine the squash, sugar, almond milk, yogurt, and eggs until smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, then fold in chopped dates.
- Place in greased loaf pan, then bake 1 hour, or until the surface of the bread is firm to touch.