Cake, it’s what’s for breakfast. When you wake up craving something sweet, you no longer need to curb the impulse to eat dessert first. Now you can have these superlative, satisfying vegan cake batter protein bars.
These cake batter protein bars boast a vibrant rainbow of tasty sprinkles, nuts, and chocolate. But they also pack in a hefty dose of vital nutrients to help you power through the morning or recover after a good workout. Soft and chewy, with a hearty crunch in every bite, these aren’t just “protein bars”, they’re also mighty delicious breakfast bars!
To pump up the protein in this recipe, I used vegan No Udder Vanilla Protein Powder. It has a warm vanilla flavor and a smooth, rich pea protein base that begs to be used in these dairy-free cake batter protein bars.
Special Diet Notes: Cake Batter Protein Bars
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, plant-based, and vegetarian.
- 1 cup Vanilla No Udder Protein Powder (dairy-fee & soy-free)
- ½ cup oat flour (use certified gluten-free, if needed)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup raw cashew butter
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup light agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup sprinkles, chopped nuts, and/or mini dairy-free chocolate chips
- Line an 8x4-inch loaf pan with aluminum foil and lightly grease it.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer*, combine the oat flour, protein powder, and salt.
- Separately, mix together the cashew butter, melted coconut oil, agave, and vanilla before adding the whole concoction into the bowl of dry goods. Begin to mix slowly to incorporate.
- After about a minute of mixing, add the sprinkles, nuts, and/or chocolate, in any proportion your heart desires, as long as it's no more than ½ cup in total.
- Once the batter is smooth and cohesive, transfer it to your prepared pan and smooth it down into an even layer.
- Place the pan in the freezer for at least 5 to 6 minutes, just until the bars are firm enough to cut.
- Use the foil like a sling to pull the bars out, and slice into individual servings. Store in an air-tight container or wrapped in plastic in the refrigerator.