This recipe for vegan hot cocoa is a “15 minutes or less” entry in the Fast & Fresh Dairy-Free Time Trials Recipe Contest, submitted by reader Roxanne Chan. For the creamy base, she Coconut Milk Beverage from So Delicious.
For more details and to enter the recipe contest, see this post: http://www.godairyfree.org/news/dairy-free-time-trials-recipe-contest
Special Diet Notes & Options: Casablanca Vegan Hot Cocoa
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, and vegetarian.
For a tree nut-free and vegan hot cocoa, you can use sunflower seed butter in place of the cashew. It will add a different flavor vibe and be a touch less creamy, but tasty in its own right.
- 8 ounces So Delicious Dairy Free Coconut Milk Beverage, scalded
- 1 ounce bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons cashew butter
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- 4 Medjool dates, pitted
- Garnish: coconut flakes, mint sprig
- Place all ingredients, except the garnish, in a blender container and blend till smooth. Serve with garnishes.