Special Diet Notes: Simple Melty Cheese Sauce
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, peanut-free, nut-free, soy-free, vegan, vegetarian, and optionally gluten-free.
- ½ cup nutritional yeast flakes
- ½ cup cornstarch or arrowroot powder
- 2 tablespoons flour (your choice on the type, can be GF)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan. Cook and stir until the sauce thickens and bubbles. It will thicken the longer it cooks. This is a kid approved recipe for spreads, sauces, and popcorn.