Are you ready to rocket into the weekend? These cherry mojito pops are a surprisingly nutritious treat, and were originally created by registered dietitian Matt Kadey. They’re packed with potent tart cherry juice, which can help aid in your replenishment and muscle recovery after summer activities. Each bite also offers a good dose of tummy-taming mint and dairy-free yogurt. Adults can enjoy the little spike of rum, which prevents overly icy pops. However, virgin cherry mojito pops are a tasty and healthy option for kids, too.
This recipe with photo for cherry mojito pops was shared with us by ChooseCherries.com.
Special Diet Notes: Cherry Mojito Pops
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, peanut-free, optionally soy-free, optionally vegan / plant-based, vegetarian, optionally paleo, and generally top food allergy-friendly.
- 1¼ cups plain dairy-free Greek yogurt or ¾ cup dairy-free yogurt + ½ cup full-fat coconut milk or coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons honey (sub agave nectar for vegan)
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1¼ cups Montmorency tart cherry juice
- ⅓ cup finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons light rum (optional)
- Stir together the yogurt or yogurt and coconut cream, honey and lime zest. In a separate bowl, stir together the tart cherry juice, lime juice, mint and rum, if using.
- Spoon two alternate layers of the yogurt and cherry mixtures into each mold.
- Insert the sticks into molds and freeze until solid, about 6 hours.
- To unmold pops, run mold under warm water for a few seconds, being careful not to thaw pops. Store in the freezer for up to 2 months.