Talk about a unique blend! The idea to put cranberry, banana, coconut, peach and pineapple into cherry smoothies is warm-weather brilliance. The recipe is a Sippable entry in the BIG Snackable Recipe Contest (over $3500 in cash prizes available!) submitted by Fiona Green.
The contest is a celebration of our new FREE Snackable eBook with delicious, original Sweet, Savory and Sippable Dairy-Free Recipes. Download and enjoy it now via PDF, iTunes, Kindle, Kobo or Google Play: www.godairyfree.org/snackable-ebook
To qualify for the contest, this recipe for cranberry and cherry smoothies uses Coconut Milk Beverage from So Delicious Dairy Free.
Note that Fiona uses frozen berries in these fruit-rich cherry smoothies. If you pt to use fresh, simply use a frozen banana, broken into chunks, to keep it chilly and somewhat thick. You can also opt to use a frozen banana along with the frozen berries if you like your smoothies thick.
Special Diet Notes: Cosmic Cherry Smoothies
Just be sure to use the right protein powder for your dietary needs. Fiona makes these cherry smoothies with a soy-based protein powder, but you can use your favorite dairy-free protein powder – there are many to choose from, including soy-free rice or pea protein powders.
- 1 cup So Delicious Dairy Free Unsweetened Coconut Milk Beverage
- 1 banana, optionally frozen (for thicker / creamier)
- 1 peach, pitted
- ¼ cup frozen cranberries
- ¼ cup frozen cherries
- ¼ cup crushed pineapple
- 3 tablespoons vegan protein powder (optional*)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar (we tested with honey)
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend for 1 to 2 minutes, or until smooth.
- Pour into two glasses and enjoy immediately!