This recipe for coconut lime tea cookies is an entry in our Spring Fling Dairy-Free Recipe Contest, created and submitted by Cameron North. To qualify, the recipe includes Culinary Coconut Milk by So Delicious Dairy Free.
These zesty little lime tea cookies use all-natural coconut butter rather than margarine or dairy butter for their tender goodness.
For more details about the recipe contest, see this post: www.godairyfree.org/news/spring-fling-dairy-free-recipe-contest
Special Diet Notes & Options: Coconut Lime Tea Cookies
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, and vegetarian.
- 2 teaspoons + 2 tablespoons lime juice, divided
- ⅓ cup So Delicious Dairy Free Original Culinary Coconut Milk
- ½ cup coconut butter
- ¾ cup + ¼ cup white sugar, divided
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (175 C).
- Combine the 2 teaspoons of lime juice with the coconut milk, let stand for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, cream together the coconut butter and ¾ cup sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, then stir in the lime zest and milk mixture.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda in a medium bowl. Blend into the creamed mixture. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto the ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until the edges are light brown. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the glaze, whisk together the remaining 2 tablespoons lime juice and sugar until the sugar dissolves. Brush onto cooled cookies.